Whether your patient has type 1 or type 2 diabetes or is treated with multiple daily injections or insulin pump therapy, they can benefit from real-time CGM.
Who Can Benefit?
Dexcom CGM may be the right choice for:
- patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes on mealtime insulin
- patients on multiple daily injections (MDI) or an insulin pump
- patients at risk of hypoglycemia
- patients who may be unaware of their hypoglycemia
- patients who want a better way to meet their glycemic goals
- patients experiencing excessive glycemic variability
- patients who may benefit from sharing their glucose data (e.g., children, older adults, etc.)
More Insight Than Monitoring Alone
Unlike a single reading from a blood glucose meter, continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) provides dynamic information about the direction of glucose change, giving your patient continuous and timely feedback on nutrition, activity, and insulin requirements to help make informed diabetes treatment decisions. CGM is a powerful therapy management tool that can inform better diabetes treatment decisions, ultimately leading to tighter glycemic control than using a blood glucose meter alone.1
1 Pettus J, Price DA, Edelman SV. How Patients with Type 1 Diabetes Translate Continuous Glucose Monitoring Data into Diabetes Management Decisions. Endocr Pract. 2015;:1-25.