A physician assistant (PA) may provide the dispensing order and write and sign the detailed written order if they satisfy all the following requirements:
• They meet the definition of physician assistant found in §1861(aa)(5)(A) of the Act;
• They are treating the beneficiary for the condition for which the item is needed;
• They are practicing under the supervision of a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy;
• They have their own NPI; and
• They are permitted to perform services in accordance with State law.
PAs may complete Section B and sign Section D of the CMN if they meet all the criteria described above for signing orders.